We strive to build long-term relationships with our clients by collaborating with them to develop and implement targeted solutions for their critical business challenges.
Custom retainer arrangements provide access to senior members of Stratas Advisors, whose work spans four key dimensions:
- Macro-Level: Coverage of geopolitical issues, economic trends, and policy and regulatory developments.
- Energy Markets: Integrated coverage of crude oil, oil products, natural gas, NGL, coal and renewables.
- Industry Analysis: Coverage of the oil & gas sector across the value chain, as well as the linkages with other industrial sectors.
- Transaction & Investment Analysis: Analysis of transactions and capital investments.
Through coverage of geopolitical issues, economic trends, regulatory policies and technology developments, our insights and analyses can assist with policy formation, strategic planning, portfolio managements, capital budgeting decisions and risk management.
- Monitoring factors that will affect the supply of key economic inputs
- Assessing the potential for disruptions to trade and energy flows within and between regions
- Monitoring factors that will affect demand from a country and sector perspective
- Detecting shifts in current global and regional trends
- Assessing developments in environmental and energy regulations
- Evaluating the impact of proposed regulations on energy and transportation sectors
- Assessing technologies that will affect the supply-side and demand-side of the energy equation
Our analyses support integrated coverage of oil, gas, NGLs, coal and renewables, as well as key end-user sectors across several different time horizons.
- Focusing on key trading instruments associated with the oil & gas market, considering the fundamentals as well as the influence of financial and geopolitical factors
- Evaluating the range of factors that will affect the energy trading environment
- Assessing changes that will affect key oil and product future prices
- Identifying potential oil and product trading opportunities
- Reviewing the previous quarter with respect to supply/demand, prices and margins
- Assessing factors that will drive market developments in the next quarter
- Forecasting supply/demand, prices and margins for the next quarter, and an outlook for the next 18 months
- Forecasting supply/demand balances, crude and product flows and prices and margins on an annual basis for the next seven years
- Assessing the underlying fundamentals that will affect the future environment
- Identifying and assessing the key sensitivities of the forecast
- Covering the next 25 years, including a descriptive narrative and four distinctive scenarios
- Defining the different migration paths for the energy sector, considering the key internal and external drivers of change
- Developing and describing internally consistent scenarios
- Quantifying the scenarios with respect to supply/demand, trade flows, prices and margins
- Assessing the level of profitability of each segment along the oil & gas value chain
- Identifying misalignments and gaps that represent potential business opportunities.
- Evaluating the drivers of change with an eye toward the potential for consolidation, new entrants and changing levels of profitability
- Developing an outlook of future industry conditions over the next seven years
- Assessing the current financial and operational performance of key performers
- Identifying the underlying strategic, structural and operational factors tied to performance differences
- Evaluating relative positioning within the context of the future environment
- Monitoring the key interrelationships between the oil & gas sector and other industry sectors
- Assessing the impact of changes in one industry sector on the others
- Evaluating the resulting potential for gaps and misalignments and the associated risks and opportunities
We analyze transactions and M&A activity associated with the oil & gas value chain, the petrochemical value chain, shipping and logistical infrastructure. We also assess investment levels and capital projects associated with each sector.
- Monitoring A&D transactions and the details of the transactions, including involved parties, a description of the assets and financial terms
- Highlighting and assessing important transactions with respect to the strategic rationale and the impact on the future competitive landscape
- Evaluating the opportunities for future transactions
- Monitoring the level of capital investments and the details of major capital investments such as the type of project, timing and level of capital
- Assessing the impact of capital investments on the future global and regional market environment and the competitive landscape
- Evaluating the expected future level of capital investments from a global and regional perspective